Class actions galore:
- Class action plaintiffs: $5 discount on new 2-year cell-phone contract; lawyers, $5.5 million
- Class action plaintiffs: literally worthless coupon; lawyers, $975,000
- Class action against LA Angels seeking $4,000/tote bag leads to Frivolous Lawsuit Night in Altoona
- When bringing a class action complaining about a missing 10 calories in the label, make sure your named plaintiff wasn’t adding crumbled cookie toppings to the low-fat dessert.
- E-mail a lawyer, discover you’re a named class-action plaintiff; whereas Milberg Weiss is accused of just buying their plaintiffs through illegal kickbacks, as well as purchasing a thinktank fellowship.
That’s not to say that there weren’t other types of lawsuits: