The legal humor site has nominated its favorite stories of 2008. Among them:
- Judge denies Indian tribal immunity to supposed “Wampanoag Nation” that turns out to have been “founded in an Arby’s restaurant in Provo in 2003“;
- Colorado inmate hurt in attempted breakout claims state failed to make jail “reasonably escape-proof” (earlier);
- Australian parliament so rowdy that lawmakers asked to submit to periodic breath tests;
- EU issues noise protection rules setting decibel limit on playing of bagpipes (earlier);
- German lawmakers debate giving babies the ballot by reducing voting age to zero.