Excellent editorial on the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act last week in the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
Incidentally, someone was soliciting a quick reading list on behalf of a person who wanted to catch up on CPSIA’s post-Feb. 10 effects by way of reporting (not opinion pieces or editorials) from major media organizations only. I came up with the following list which is anything but exhaustive but at least gives a start:
- Jenn Abelson, Boston Globe (thrift stores and resale)
- Heron Marquez Estrada, Minneapolis Star-Tribune (dirtbikes and more)
- Lee Logan, Associated Press (pre-1985 books). Also focusing on vintage books: Alexandra Zayas, St. Petersburg (Fla.) Times, Michael Birnbaum, Washington Post
- Doris Hajewski, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel (toys, shoes, etc.)
- Joseph Pereira, Wall Street Journal (apparel, resale, cost estimates for various sectors)